An award-winning, privately held firm is seeking to hire a Director of Transportation to lead and develop their Transportation Practice in South Carolina and the surrounding states. This opportunity is within a highly-successful firm that regularly ranks in the top “Best Places to Work” by state publications, as well as Zweig Groups’ “Best Firms to Work For.” This company has over 250 employees across eight offices and offers a wide range of civil engineering services. This exciting role offers the autonomy to grow and develop the Transportation Practice, while still offering the support and resources of a broader firm.
- Lead development and expansion of the firm’s Transportation Practice in South Carolina and surrounding states.
- Visit clients, jobsites and consultant offices as needed to support project and business development needs.
- Responsible for establishing continuing contacts with new prospects and acts as principal contact for selected clients.
- Identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, responses, interviews, presentations, and related activities.
- Coordinate marketing activities related to specific clients or prospects.
- Oversee preparation of materials and information for submittals, presentations, proposals and brochures.
- Review and develop goals, objectives, budgets, and strategies for new business opportunities and assigned projects.
- Establish goals for staff and provide mentoring for their career development within the firm.
- Actively participate in civic and professional organizations.
- Be proactive in presenting and communicating the capabilities and strengths of the company to others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- At least 15 years of experience in Transportation Engineering; experience in the South Carolina market strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks.
- Advanced skill level with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Outlook and the Internet.
- Excellent formatting/editing, spelling and proofreading skills.
- Highly customer service oriented, self-starter, and team player with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Detail/process oriented and problem solver.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the executive team, team members, clients and the general public.
- Excellent time management skills.
Salary commensurate with experience