This opportunity is within a privately held engineering consulting firm that is seeking to hire a talented individual to serve as an Operations Manager. With over twenty years of success, this firm is a well-established and trusted advisor to clients throughout the Chicago Area. This firm provides a wide variety of services including Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Land Surveying, Structural Engineering, and Program Management.This is an exciting leadership opportunity the individual appointed will oversee overall project delivery as well as assist business development and marketing activities to new and existing clients. This firm prides itself on providing opportunities for professional development, and this individual will have the chance to grow and develop the department, as well as take a leadership role in the growth of the firm as a whole.
- Act as “manager of projects” for the office.
- Provide senior mentoring and supervision to engineering staff.
- Lead engineering analysis and design on a variety of projects.
- Establish contract budgets and scopes of work.
- Conduct independent technical reviews of work performed by other engineers.
- Interact with clients, contractors, and local government officials.
- Interface with new and existing clients to market firm services.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Strong Civil Design Experience is preferred.
- Solid track record of Project Management
- Positive and clear written and verbal communication practices.
- Excellent staff management, coaching and mentoring skills.
Salary commensurate with experience