Whether you are thinking of buying or selling an architecture, engineering, or environmental consulting firm, Morrissey Goodale’s trusted advisors can guide you through the entire merger and acquisition process.
Morrissey Goodale’s team of M&A consultants can assist every step of the way—from preparing your firm for a transaction to a successful integration. Our extensive network of relationships with AEC industry decision-makers around the globe uniquely qualifies us to identify the right buyer or seller for your firm and guide you through the complex process of a merger or acquisition—from conception to close.
Our M&A services include:
Whether you are a buyer or seller, our deep industry experience allows us to analyze the unique characteristics of a potential transaction and provide an estimated pricing range. Our proprietary database of AEC transaction multiples allows us to leverage real data from industry deals to provide a view of common market pricing.
We can confidentially pre-screen and contact potential buyers, facilitate discussions with them, and advise you on your options to achieve the best possible outcome for your shareholders.
Based on your unique strategic criteria, we can research and develop a universe of candidate firms that meet your geographic, size, and service goals; pre-qualify them; facilitate merger discussions; and help you close the deal.
The art of the deal involves timing, communication and substance. We can guide you through the process to structure a win-win deal.
Whether it’s culture, technology, technical services, marketing, human resources, operations, finance and accounting, or administration, we have the experience to consult and advise on any aspect of your due diligence efforts. We can help your team plan and implement a due diligence program that sets the table for a successful closing and integration.
We can help you prepare for integration well before a deal closes by setting clear goals for both teams, establishing a champion for the success of the merger, and facilitating results-focused workshops and meetings involving key players from both firms to build the necessary trust. After the deal, we keep the transition as smooth as possible by consistently monitoring progress.
2017 M&A ACTIVITY
TEXAS #AE INDUSTRY
M&A Advisory Services Results
Morrissey Goodale is proud to have assisted our AEC clients in achieving their strategic goals through mergers and acquisitions.
A sampling of recent results include:
- OCT 2017: Andregg Geomatics (Auburn, CA) joined Psomas (Los Angeles, CA) (ENR #143) >
- OCT 2017: CHA Consulting (Albany, NY) (ENR #61) acquired PDT Architects (Portland, ME) >
- OCT 2017: Hatch (Mississauga, Canada) merged with Shrader Engineering (Houston, TX)>
- AUG 2017: Ardmore Associates (Chicago, IL) and The Roderick Group (Chicago, IL) merged >
- AUG 2017: NELSON (Philadelphia, PA) merged operations with MGE Architects (Coral Gables, FL) >
- JUN 2017: WGI (West Palm Beach, FL) (ENR #252), acquired Carl Walker, Inc. (Kalamazoo, MI) >
- JUN 2017: NV5 (Hollywood, FL) (ENR #54) acquired RDK Engineers (Andover, MA) (ENR #366) >
- MAY 2017: Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers (New Cumberland, PA) acquired Raudenbush Engineering (Middletown, PA) >
- JAN 2017: OBG (Syracuse, NY) acquired Natural Resource Technology (Milwaukee, WI) >
- DEC 2016: NV5 (Hollywood, FL) (ENR #75) acquired The Hanna Group (Rancho Cordova, CA) >
- OCT 2016: Landrum & Brown (Cincinnati, OH) (ENR #372) acquired KBJ Architects (Jacksonville, FL) >
- OCT 2016: Parkhill Smith & Cooper (Lubbock, TX) merged with Gordon Environmental, Inc. (Albuquerque, NM) >
- SEP 2016: OBG (Syracuse, NY) acquired PENTA Engineering (Charlotte, NC) >
- AUG 2016: Terracon (Olathe, KS) acquired Mayes Testing Engineers (Lynnwood, WA) >
- JUL 2016: Baxter & Woodman, Inc. (Crystal Lake, Illinois) merged with Mathews Consulting (West Palm Beach, Florida) >
- JUN 2016: LJA Engineering (LJA) acquired Longaro & Clarke Consulting Engineers (L&C)>
- MAY 2016: Global design firm Stantec (Edmonton, Canada) acquired VOA Associates (Chicago, IL) >
- FEB 2016: The Source Group (SGI) (Pleasant Hill, CA) joins Apex Companies (Rockville, MD) >
- JAN 2016: Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson (JMT) (Sparks, MD) acquired Kennedy Consulting Inc. (KCI) (McKinney, TX) >
- SEP 2015: LaBella Associates (Rochester, NY) acquired DPC Engineering (Elmira Heights, NY) >
- AUG 2015: Apex Companies, LLC (Rockville, MD, ENR #116) acquired ALTUS Environmental (Boulder, CO) >
- JUL 2015: Wantman Group (West Palm Beach, FL) acquired Bridge Design Associates (Royal Palm Beach, FL) >
- APR 2015: T.Y. Lin International (San Francisco, CA) acquired Lindbergh & Associates (Charleston, SC) from O’Brien & Gere (Syracuse, NY) >
- MAR 2015: Braun Intertec (Minneapolis, MN) acquired Peer Engineering (Eden Prairie, MN) >
- FEB 2015: RPS Group (Abingdon, UK) acquired Klotz Associates (Houston, TX) >
- FEB 2015: VHB (Watertown, MA) acquired GMB Engineers & Planners (Orlando, FL) >
- OCT 2014: Alfred Benesch & Company (Chicago, IL) acquired the business operations of Site Solutions, Inc. (Charlotte, NC) >
- OCT 2014: The Burns Group (Philadelphia, PA) acquired Orth-Rodgers & Associates, Inc. (ORA) (Newtown Square, PA) >
- AUG 2014: Wantman Group, Inc. (WGI) (West Palm Beach, FL) acquired Land Design South (LDS) (West Palm Beach, FL) >
- MAR 2014: Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc. (Sparks, MD), acquired GBF Engineering (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) >
- DEC 2013: RESPEC Consulting & Services (Rapid City, SD), acquired Morgan Worldwide Consultants, Inc. (Lexington, KY) >
- OCT 2013: KLJ (Bismarck, ND) acquired Stelling Engineers (Great Falls, MT) >
- JUL 2013: GEI Consultants (Woburn, MA) has merged with Feld, Kaminetzky & Cohen (FKC) (New York, NY) >
- JUN 2013: Terracon Consultants, Inc. (Olathe, KS) acquired Dunkelberger Engineering & Testing, Inc. (West Palm Beach, FL) >
- MAR 2013: GAI Consultants (Homestead, PA) announced that it will acquire Crispell-Snyder (Lake Geneva, WI) >
- FEB 2013: COWI (Lyngby, Denmark) acquired Jenny Engineering Corporation (JEC) (Springfield, NJ) >
Interested in more? Review our complete list of results >
Stay Up-to-Date on AEC Industry M&A Activity
Meet Our Consultants
Morrissey Goodale’s expert M&A consultants have structured and closed hundreds of transactions for AEC firms of all sizes. Whether buying or selling, put their industry focus and personalized attention to work for your firm.
Call one of our principals to discuss how Morrissey Goodale can help your firm.